Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Peanut Butter Shipper No More

This is quite a small question next to all of the other overriding questions on LOST and yet it will be addressed. How will Claire deal with Charlie's death? It would seem that she is a strong enough person to deal with the situation and yet she also seems the complete opposite at times too.

When Ethan kidnapped her it seemed that it was an all to straining experience and she even experienced memory loss. What seems even more curious is the fact that Ben and his minions had injected Claire with a material that could have both positive and negative effects. (Does my memory serve correctly?)

THIS WILL BE QUITE A DEVELOPMENT
The relationship between Claire and Charlie has always brought out our emotions (well, mine at least) and always made us feel how they do. The classic scenes where Charlie would sit down beside Claire and Aaron and hold them tightly at the end of an intense episode while soft music plays is something that can't REALLY be beat. As much as it seemed that Charlie was getting some watered down moments, he really remains a classic LOST character and his death will have an impact on Claire that hasn't yet been fully felt by the Lost Community.
LONG LIVE CHARLIE PACE FANS!!!
&
LONG LIVE PEANUT BUTTER SHIPPERS!
Thanks For Reading!
Namaste and Good Luck!
CF

10 comments:

Capcom said...

This is a really good question CF! It for sure is something that TPTB should visit in a very complete way. By that I mean that I hope that they don't just sweep over it like, OK, Claire finds out, she's sad, now let's move on to the real story, and just assume that she's crying over there on the beach.

They should really let it be a moment for the story, for Claire, and for us too of course since we liked Charlie so much. And all the other people that died got a little burial ceremony on the show, Charlie should too, even though there is nothing to bury.

memphish said...

I'm sure we're going to get some scene between Desmond and Claire similar to the ones with Jack and Shannon (and later with Sun and Shannon) about how brave Charlie was, etc. It will be interesting if Desmond tells Claire about his "flash" that led to Charlie's sacrifice.

I have to say the PBJ ship never much fired my imagination. I liked how Charlie interacted with Aaron more than how he interacted with Claire (at least post-Aaron.) There were some great sweet Charlie/Claire moments while she was still pregnant. Afterwards, it was all about Aaron, not so much about the 2 of them.

Cool_Freeze said...

I totally agree Capcom. But, I think Memphish is right and it will be a scene between Desmond and Claire. I really think though that they need to deal with it more then that. Yet, so much story and so little time may prevent that.

As far as being a "Shipper" Memphish, I was never really one either. But after Charlie's death it seems to make their relationship all the more memorable.

Thats a sad thing to say. =/ =]

CF

Cool_Freeze said...

P.S. I DID get emotional at those mushy scenes...I am not saying I didn't do that. =]]]

just wasn't a SHIPPER fanatic. =]

memphish said...

Are you protesting too much CF? :)

Cool_Freeze said...

Of course not. What would make you say something like that memphish? =]

Here is what in saying. Claire needs to be affected by Charlies death more then just crying and then done. and more then just a talk. I would say she should go through memory loss again. LOL

I am also saying that I was never a penaut butter shipper on any message board. hahaha =]

memphish said...

I'm just kidding CF. I agree that there needs to more than tears and then moving on to the next guy/girl as we saw with Sawyer and Ana Lucia and Shannon and Sayid. Maybe Hurley and Claire can comfort each other over their losses producing the PBR ship (Peanut Butter and Ranch).

Cool_Freeze said...

That is indeed a riot. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I recently sent emails to some concerning the new blog. If you know of anyone else that would be interested and already has a LOST blog...just give them my email.

freexzfrozen_icebox@yahoo.com

Capcom said...

Since Claire knows about Dez's visions there will probably be a big, "Why couldn't you save him!" scene. Then I imagine that Dez would give her the old "course correcting" lecture that Mrs.H gave him, and he will have officially become a Time Lord. :-)

Cool_Freeze said...

HAH I totally agree! That is probably what will happen, Capcom.

CF