Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Smokey the Psychic

Here is an Age theory. What if our dearest island cloud of smoke is a transformer AND a psychic? Let me explain.

We have seen many island apparitions, or what we think to be apparitions and many assume them to be Smokey in disguise. I am one of those who assume these supposed apparitions to be Smokey. Ahh, observe apparition screencaps below. :)


Richard Alpert is the one I would like to address. I do believe that this particular Richard Alpert is just an apparition, a phony! The island knows what it wants and how to get it, so what more then to get it's TOP DAWG representative to do its dirty work (Smokey).

That is where psychic ability comes in. Desmond experienced his little flashback-to-reality all because of Smokey's doings. Smokey is manipulating these people to accomplish something. What, I don't know. I am on the fence with Richard being an apparition. I have another thought on him as well. More on that in a few.


The Deal with Time The island is time. That is why there is so much confusion. It LITERALLY IS the time. In a sense, this means that there is no time at all. That is why children cannot be born on the island. That is also why I do not think that the people "killed" on the island are actually dead. It explains so much (in my head anyway). Other theorists say that it phases in and out of time and some say it is in another dimension or time loop. All of this is true to an extent. It is an ISLAND, a place all its own. It can phase in and out of anything and everything. Yet, humans are not meant to be on this island because they are not supposed to phase in and out of time.


Life VS. Death


Aaron was born because he was conceived in a TIME and not OUT of time. Sun's baby has no age because it was conceived on the island, where humans are not meant to be. Aaron actually had an age that EXISTED in a stable time where humans are meant to be. That is what makes the survivors so special. They are MEANT to be on the island because they have to accomplish something. They get a shot at redemption. Not just ANYONE is led to this island. The people that die on the island I do believe are put back in there time, given a second chance at life.


MIKHAIL?? RICHARD?? These two are the islands recruits. :) RIchard and Mikhail could very well be supernatural beings and not human at all. They may not be apparitions but something else.


I KNOW I'M CRAZY!!!
To Sum it All Up (or at least try): The island does exist in a different dimension and phases into ours occasionally. It can go every which way in time. Forward, Backward, or just stand still.

People are meant to age in ONE time and if we are constantly phasing in and out of time and then suddenly get put back in one time it will mess everything up. !COURSE CORRECTION!

I know this theory is all over the place and deals more with the overall theory of LOST. And NO I didn't take Advil this morning. :)

Thanks for reading.
Namaste and Good Luck!


CF

5 comments:

memphish said...

Hmmmmmm.

I'm not sure where to start. I think the idea that Hostile, long-haired Alpert could be Smokey is intriguing. After all, when Ben's "mom" appeared to him, the whispers were involved and said "tell him your his mom." This could also explain the non-aging properties of that Alpert. That could have been a test for young Ben. He's told to go back and be patient, and he is. Ben passes the test, unlike Eko who is told to repent, but refuses.

I don't think the Alpert we see with the short hair though, be it in Ben's purge flashback or off Island or present day on Island is Smokey, so this would imply that Smokey can take on the form of a living being, something that has not been confirmed -- yet.

As for the idea of the Island being time or no time, I can't quite get my head around that one yet. Obviously there is some reason that being conceived off vs. on island works, but is it time? Could be.

One final question -- you seem to say that people who have died on the Island get back to "real" time. Do you mean, Shannon, Boone, etc. are back in LA in 2004? That couldn't jive with the faked flight 815 crash though that certainly doesn't rule it out.

Cool_Freeze said...

What I mean by the island being TIME is that what happens on the ISLAND stays on the ISLAND in a sense.

I also am not sure about Alpert, but I believe the Richard we saw with Young Ben is not the same one as we see with grown up Ben. If it IS the same one, I would have to say supernatural being.

As far as Shannon, Boone, Ana Lucia and others assumed dead, I think they are alive. I think they are alive in a time before the crash or maybe even after...I just don't think that that is the end of them. I believe that the time they spent on the island was a time of redemption for them and that they would be aware of this redemption somehow. Weather it be that they have a DejaVu type of occurence, or something else. Maybe it is that they are in another dimension...I just do not think that such a place as "Redemption Island" would kill off the redeemed.... :)

When all is said and done, this show has a ton of meaning and when it does come to an end I know that whatever it be, the writers have accomplished A LOT!

It seems easier to try and explain the little details and hope that it leads us to the overall mystery of LOST, but I think we are all going to be super surprised when 2010 comes. I do believe no one will see the end coming. :)

I LOVE your take on all of it! Smokey does seem to be testing them. So is it all redemption? :)

CF

memphish said...

My son just said something that made me think of your time idea. He's 8 and reads a series of books about a Magic Tree House. Like in the Narnia books, when the kids travel through time in the Tree House, time passes or appears to pass normally, but when they return home no time at all has passed.

This obviously isn't the ending because of the snake in the mailbox, but what if the end was that the pilot pulled the plane out of the dive, but because of the dive everyone lost consciousness, and they all regain consciousness just as they are landing at LAX. It's the Pam Ewing dream ending I guess.

Anonymous said...

These followup comments are almost as good as the posts. :) Thanks Cool Freeze!

One Question: Do you mean that you think that the island is more of a supernatural place then a real place?

Capcom said...

Good thoughts everyone!

Oh boy, what if the island really is like TLTWATW?! And going "thru" the Looking Glass station might be like traveling thru the wardrobe. Hmmm.