Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Storybook Tale

I don't know how many of you notice, but it seems that the names of each Hatch come straight from storybooks. The Looking Glass being the most obvious, but it seems every other name could fit quite nicely into a fantastical story.



Go my son, retrieve the magic arrow and shoot it through the hallowed flame. It shall pierce the heart of the sacred swan and then you may go through the looking glass.

Yeah, I don't know if I went over the limit on Advil this morning or not. I mean, it was a REALLY bad headache.

As Far as Josiah Goes...
In my previous article, The Temple, I mentioned a philosopher by the name of Josiah and how I think his ideas have LOST written all over them. The problem is, I don't know how to give these ideas simplicity and convey their relationship to LOST. I am asking all of my fellow LOST bloggers to look into this. I may just be loony and looking way to far into it, but that is for you guys to decide. If you would like to be involved, write an article in your blog and then I shall provide a post with a link to each article.

Have fun and thanks for reading!

Namaste and Good Luck!

CF

UPDATE: I have responded to everyones comments in my previous post, The Temple. My response is in the comments. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've had to much Advil at times too. :)

Josiah sounds like a possible LOST character, right up there with Jacob.

Anonymous said...

Josiah and Jacob sound similar?? hahaha, I'm joking.

I guess there are some similarities.

Capcom said...

Interesting blog!

My nephew thought that your mythical command should end like this, "Go my son, retrieve the magic arrow and shoot it through the hallowed flame. It shall pierce the heart of the sacred swan and then you may go through the looking glass {{to find the Pearl of great price}}". :o)

Amused2bHere said...

The Temple is the key, I'll grant you that. But what Locke does this key open? Could it be...?

Good stuff. Josiah was only a young boy when he became King. Maybe a comparison to Walt? or how young Ben was when he rose to power...

Cool_Freeze said...

Ahh, yess quite a story.

sterling: Josiah, Jacob, its all good. :)

anonymous: thanks :)

capcom: AHHHH, that is GOOD! I like it! I think I will add that little ending. :)

amused2bhere I have long understood LOST as a story, but about what, we don't really know. I think that is half the mystery of LOST. We don't know WHAT the story is about! I mean of course we know that people crashed on an island and survived. They are battling with another group of people and a smoke monster, but the underlying story is hidden. So much meaning... :)

Thank you all for your input. :)

Capcom said...

I also get the feeling that LOST is a large story with many smaller tales woven into the overall fabric. Early on TPTB told us what their intentions were at that time, in writing the story (i.e., about faith, personal redemption, etc.), and they may have added elements to that as the series advanced as well. You do get the impression though that they are using the frantic smaller stories of the people on the island to tell a much larger tale.